Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Night in the Hospital

Swimming with daddy!
He seems to prefer that vest to a ring these days...

Causey, Clayton, and Beckett chilling on the beach

So as I am sure many of you know about 2 weeks ago while we were at the beach I got one heck of a stomach bug on our last night there. Without going into details I will just say it was really bad, and as a result it landed me in the hospital overnight for dehydration. This is the 2nd time this pregnancy I have had the stomach bug and it is NOT fun when you are 8 months pregnant! It took about a week, but i finally recovered-yay! The main thing I took away from that whole experience is 1. i will never eat another shrimp poboy and 2. it reminded me just how much that i.v. in your hand hurts and i am not looking forward to that when the time comes in a few weeks!

Speaking of a few weeks, we were also told by Dr. T that she really doesn't see me making it to the end of June. I didn't really know that when you have a repeat section that once you start to dialate you pretty much deliver then. There is no "just go home and we'll schedule you next week" like before. With Beckett I started dialating by 37 weeks and when i went in to be induced at 38 weeks I was 3cm. I am still holding out for sometime the week of June 23, but the doctor told me to be ready to go by 37 weeks. And that means i still have a TON to do:)

The nursery is coming along, and i think my MIL is almost done with the bedding. We are this close to picking a name too, so stay tuned for that:) It has been the hardest thing in the world for me and I am so ready to just settle on something.

So, until then here are some pics from the beach!!!

No comments: