Sunday, December 28, 2008
Guess what.....Momma got a new camera for Christmas!!! I got a Canon Rebel and I am super excited about it. I took most of our pics with it and i haven't gotten everything set up to download anything yet, so once i get that done i will share some santa shots. Beckett got lots of cute stuff and so far his favorites are his four wheeler and boots from Big E and LeLe and his shopping cart from Santa!
Derek and Beckett have been fighting colds for a couple of weeks now. I am so tired of kleenex i could scream. If beckett doesn't show major improvement in the next couple of days we might be ringing in the new year with a trip to the doctor! Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Just so i will remember here are some of his favs. Chicken Nuggets! fruit, yogurt melts, mandarin oranges, balls, hats, elmo, barney, the backyardigans, showing you where is nose, belly buttom, eyes, and head are. He has a few words-uh-oh, byebye, ball, dog, mama, dada, iiii-ce...he says is like a total redneck. He loves opening and closing doors and drawers. He cries for hours at MMO-he never stops! This also goes for church nursery. He is all about his momma these days, but is showing a lot more attachment to derek as well. He is very active and is acting like a little boy through and through even though he gets called a girl at least twice a day! He really is the sweetest little boy ever and we are all so thankful to have him in our lives.
At this point i don't care if he is wearing a tee shirt....i just need SOMETHING to work with!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Anyways, Please say a prayer for this sweet boy, his family, and a speedy recovery so they can get back home!!!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Derek went hunting and left me and Beckett to fend for ourselves yesterday and today. We are so bored! We did a bit of shopping yesterday and church today, but for the most part we have just been home playing. He has developed an attachment to Derek's real football so for the past couple of days it has been going everywhere with us-it even went to church today! When i tell him we are going byebye he goes and gets his ball and takes it to the car. I tried so hard to get him to attach to a blankie or lovely, and of course he pics a football that i can't even pick up with one hand! He is starting MMO at a local church this week, so pray that goes well. He doesn't have the best track record when it comes to being away from me.
Also, I have been looking for a new TREE TOPPER. Right now we have a big red bow that has seen better days and derek hates it so i am looking for something new-a star i think. I know you can get one on the internet, but i would really like to see it first. Has anyone seen any pretty ones out in the stores???? If you have leave me a comment and tell me where.
Hope eveyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday. I will post some new pics soon!
Friday, November 21, 2008
He didn't think the swings were near as cool as i did.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
I am off to the Big Easy for a bachlorette party for my friend Melinda this weekend. We are staying at the Ritz!!! I can't wait-should be interesting:) But what is going to be even more interesting is that Derek is on baby duty all weekend!!! Pics when i get back......
Update: Thanks to Claire Green, Beckett now has his brown onesie. Claire saw one at Toys R Us of all places and notified my SIL who is her sweet baby girls nurse at UMC and sunday afternoon we made a trip a picked one up! So thanks claire and yippee for big girl beds!!!
Also, i am obviously back from the Bachlorette weekend in N.O. but i am also sick-AGAIN! this time with a bad cold....so once i am back to normal i will post some new pics.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Ok, so my friend Emily tagged me awhile back with this nifty little award and i think that means i am supposed to list 6 interesting facts about myself.....lets see what i can come up with shall we!
1. I am an only child. I do however have 3 step brothers, 1 step sister, and 1 half brother....confused yet??? My mom and dad divorced when i was young and have both since remarried. My stepdad had 3 kids from his first marriage-so this gives me 2 step brothers and 1 step sister. My stepmom had one son from her first marriage and then she and my dad had a son together-giving me 1 more step brother and a half brother (who is 10 years younger than me). I consider James and Carson as just my brothers, so if you hear me mention "my brother did so and so" i am talking about one of them 9 times out of 10. James also has one of Koda's recent puppies-his name is Max and he is supposedly HUGE! So i am sure you are wondering why i consider myself an only child-the reason is....i am my mom's only child and I never grew up with any kids in the house except for me:)
2. While we are on the subject of my childhood i will throw this one out too.....When i was in 2nd grade my mom got me a cat, her name is Abby. If you do the math you will figure out that at Abby's bday in April she will be 20 years old!!!!! CRAZZZZY!! If she makes it to 20 we are all going to celebrate with dinner at a nice resturant in her honor:) I must add that Abby is the meanest cat on the face of the planet...my stepdad calls her satan. My friend Harper will vouch for her meaness. But don't worry mom...i will be sad when she dies. My mom blames me for Abby's behavior. She says i terrorized her when she was just a kitten. oh, and Kimberly Cameron-if you are reading this...we got Abby from your across the street neighbors 20 years ago following one of our playdates:)
3. Me and Derek have the same middle name...Leigh/Lee. Hence the reason for Beckett Lee. I guess our next child will just be the odd one out:) Also strange, if i was a boy my name was going to be Derek-crazy huh??
4. If you ask me what my hobbies are i usually say reading, antiques, and oil paintings. I love looking for good deals on antiques and i am eyeing a certain artist for my next painting purchase-we shall see though. Both of those are kinda expensive hobbies, and if you asked derek he would say so are my books! He has been begging me to get a library card for years now, but i just can't-it is not the same. I could sit in Barnes and Noble for HOURS just reading book covers and narrowing down my 3 choices. I really like going late a night when there is no one there and i can just sit right down in the aisle. I read really fast and have tons of books, so if you are ever wondering about a good book to read just let me know. My go-to writer is Jodie Picoult-so far i have loved all of her books.
5. Two of my biggest pet peeves are toothpaste spit and ironing. Let me explain. I HATE watching other people brush their teeth especially those of you who let the toothpaste spit run down your chin! And heaven forbid you try to talk to me while brushing-no thanks, i will just wait. And ironing needs no explaination. I never did any of my ironing growing up. My Luella ironed EVERYTHING for me. From socks and tshirts to jeans, so i never really learned how and i am terrible at it, so if derek wants it ironed he does it. Not to sound like the bad wife or anything i will add i have done it a handful of times but not many. Derek-if you are reading the solution to the problem is the dry cleaners...everyone else goes there-why can't we???
6. I am digging here, so i don't know how interesting this is.....but when i was little i used to love to rollerskate. I remember going to the skating rink and they would play Wind Beneath My Wings and i would try so hard to skate my best to that song because i thought it was the greatest song EVER. And if i fell i would get so upset that i would go to the DJ booth and ask them to play it again so i could start over! Ok, so now everyone officially has something to make fun of me for:)
6a. some of you are probably wondering how i remember something so strange, but one last interesting fact about me is my childhood friends swear i remember every story and everyone we ever knew. I think they all plan to stick close to me at our reunion next year, so i can remind them who everyone is:) I guess i just have a very photographic memory-at least i think that is what you would call it.....
So now i think i need to award/tag 6 people: Katie B., Harper, Elizabeth Q., Kelly E., Melanie, and Samantha
Monday, November 3, 2008
Thanks to everyone who has called today. I am sorry if i haven't answered, but i feel terrible. I will call everyone back when i get to feeling better hopefully tomorrow. Don't forget to vote tomorrow! I will be dragging myself up there at some point.....
Friday, October 31, 2008
Silly little monkey!!!
Sunday, October 19, 2008
So.....any advice would be appreciated. What kind of camera does everyone use??? what are your likes and dislikes about it???
Friday, October 17, 2008
I can't figure out what is going on. I let him cry in his bed last night from 10-12am. I was convinced he had something wrong so today i took him for his last flu shots and had her look at his ears just in case. As expected his ears were fine and then she told me his throat looked red. Geez, i wonder why? I told her i have been letting him cry for hours. She assured me that it really is the best thing to do and trust me i do feel bad about it, but i am at a total loss! Last night i gave in at midnight at brought him to bed with us hoping he was just sick or something. I guess tonight we will just leave him in there.
Has anyone else had this problem?? i am praying it is a phase. He normally goes to bed around 8 or so. If anyone has any ideas feel free to pass them along. I am totally over this, but then i look at him today in his cute sock monkey outfit and it makes it just a tad better:) I need to get a pic of him in this outfit when he wakes up from his nap-it is really cute!! TGIF!!!!!!
So many pumpkin to move......so little time!
Ok...now this pig is cool!!!!
Beckett and his "stolen" pumpkin, which now lives on our front porch.
Have a seat!
Sparks striking a pose!
Oh i love this thing!!!!!!!!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Running like a wild man!
Up and down and up and down
Leighton loved playing with the bucket and shovel, Beckett just wanted his football back!
Last week we took our friends Katie and Leighton to the beach with us! The daddy's were going on a fishing trip for the weekend and we didn't want to be stuck at home so we packed up and headed to Perdido. If you go to the Butlers on the side bar you can read a little more in depth about our trip, but all in all we had a great time. Beckett loves the water and is not at all afraid of it. This makes for an interesting morning around the pool. He also is now obsessed with climbing up and down stairs. If he sees any steps anywhere he makes a beeline for them. Derek took him out in the ocean and he had the best time getting knocked over by the waves! And when it came to playing in the sand all he wanted to do was throw the big football. I think we have a future ball player on our hands! Enjoy the pics!
Monday, September 29, 2008
I might look like my momma, but they say i am going to act like my daddy!
Today Derek is the big 28! He is the best daddy a little boy could ask for! I hope you know that you are very loved and i don't know what in the world we would do without you.....gator hunting and all! I hope you have a great day!
I could list a million reasons why we love you, but i ran across this today....i am very thankful you don't have plans for our family that include this type of behavior:)
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
He loves that mini Elmo!
Getting ready for dinner at Primos on his real birthday!
Ok, so this is a bit overdue, but we just went to the doctor this week. We had a good check up. He is doing good with table food and we are starting on whole milk! She commented on the fact that he starting walking so early and said he seems to be developing normally, so that was good to hear! We started out this year with a bang to say the least. A few days before his party a mosquito decided to take up residence in his bedroom and literally feasted on him for a few days. So he went to his party looking like he had the plague! Then to make matters worse as i was cooking one night he managed to run into my legs as i was moving a pot of boiling water and i spilled a little on his shoulder! Poor Baby! It is healing fine, but i am surprised the doctor didn't call child services. So all this happened in the first two weeks of september.
Now onto this week.....Monday he had his shots. He got all of them but the MMR. I decided to wait on that one bc we have a party for him at my dad's house on Saturday and i didn't want him sick for that. Well Monday night he started running a high fever and i just thought it was from the flu shot so i started giving my tylenol regularly. The fever however stayed for 2 days over 101, so today i decided he needed to go to doctor. So we went this afternoon and found out he has his FIRST ear infection! Bless his heart-i had no idea-i just figured the fever was due to the shots! So we started our first ever antibiotics so i am hoping it will knock it out quick. The doctor seems to think since he has never taken antibiotics before they should work quickly. I hope so, i haven't been getting up at 3am since he was 2 weeks old!
Due to all this excitment the blogging has taken a back seat-i apologize to my 10 readers! Here are some new pics and hopefully i can get some party pics up soon.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
This is just a little of the article. For some reason the whole thing is not there, so if you want to read the interview with my FIL you will have to get the Sunday paper. They killed the biggest gator of the weekend. I will post our pics later-we have had one heck of a day today.....
Saturday, September 13, 2008
I am off to bed, but i will post a full report tomorrow.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
It's a boy!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Dear Aunt Cath,