Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!


So as you can see by the ticker today is mine and Derek's 3 year anniversary! It seems like longer though, not in a bad way, but when you have been together for 9+ years everything seems to blend together:) If you had told me on my wedding day that in 3 years we would have a baby one week shy of turning one-i probably would have said "i doubt it" but that is what we have and i am loving every minute of it. Wouldn't change it for the world.

I love the story of the first time i really remember meeting Derek. We were both in high school and Rodeo's was have teen night and Better than Ezra was playing (don't act like you were too cool for teen night at Rodeo's) Derek was with a guy friend of mine and they came over to talk to me and derek tried to act cool like he totally knew who i was so i asked him if he knew my name and he said "yep-it is Natalie Smith".....um...nice try but no.....I don't think i saw him again for a long time, but when i did he remembered my name, and i guess the rest is history....

Derek and I are different in lots of ways but we never forget how much we love each other and sweet Beckett. I couldn't ask for a better husband/daddy! So HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DEREK-i love you tons!
FYI-just so the whole world knows how much i love derek i will share this...i am forgo-ing any nice anniversary gifts so derek can buy a shotgun! Now if that doesn't say LOVE i don't know what does:)

No comments: