Friday, October 17, 2008

Who needs sleep?

Obviously not Beckett! This has been a rough week. Beckett recently decided that he is not tired at night and WILL NOT go to sleep. For the past 4 nights our bedtimes have been as follows: 10pm, 11pm, 11pm, 12am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't figure out what is going on. I let him cry in his bed last night from 10-12am. I was convinced he had something wrong so today i took him for his last flu shots and had her look at his ears just in case. As expected his ears were fine and then she told me his throat looked red. Geez, i wonder why? I told her i have been letting him cry for hours. She assured me that it really is the best thing to do and trust me i do feel bad about it, but i am at a total loss! Last night i gave in at midnight at brought him to bed with us hoping he was just sick or something. I guess tonight we will just leave him in there.
Has anyone else had this problem?? i am praying it is a phase. He normally goes to bed around 8 or so. If anyone has any ideas feel free to pass them along. I am totally over this, but then i look at him today in his cute sock monkey outfit and it makes it just a tad better:) I need to get a pic of him in this outfit when he wakes up from his nap-it is really cute!! TGIF!!!!!!

2 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

hmmmmmmmmm that is a tough one! i bet it is just a phase...
has his nap schedule changed? or his eating habits?
i would think if his naps have changed, he might be too tired or too rested -
and if he has started eating or drinking something new, he may have a tummy ache.
or he is just wanting to drive you crazy =)
good luck!

Anonymous said...

We had the same problem at about 13-14 months - it turned out to be teething - 4 back teeth all at once. The phase passed after abt. 2 weeks. Good luck!