Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sugar and Spice......

So if you haven't heard yet, we found out this week that Baby Strong #2 is going to be a BABY GIRL!!!!! I was pretty surprised. I just really thought that it would be another boy! During the ultrasound I kept looking for boy parts and after seeing 3 little lines over and over and over again i realized the boy parts just weren't there. It took the tech a little while to know for sure though bc she was sitting on the cord, so one view would be obviously a girl, but then you would see this cord in the middle so it threw her for a loop:)
I think Derek is a little nervous. He thought it was a girl the whole time, but i think the reality of it is starting to sink in and all he sees are dollar signs:) Beckett will tell you it is a baby sista, but i don't think he really understands that she be here to stay. He did pick her out a few outfits at Sweet Dreams the other day, but tonight he told me she wanted to wear Superman pants, hummmm, could get interesting:) We are all very excited though and I can't wait to start buying smocked bubbles and girlie day gowns!
People ask me a lot if this time has been different from the first and i can say without a doubt that it has been......
-With Beckett I was NEVER sick, not nauseous or anything. This time I was nauseous practically 24 hours a day for 14 weeks
-I passed yet another kidney stone early Saturday morning! Not fun, but not as bad as it could be. I didn't deal with these at all when pregnant with beckett.
-I started having indigestion before i found out i was pregnant this time and it has stuck around, with him it wasn't until the very end
-With Beckett i gained weight continuously at every appt, this time at my 16 week appt. i had only gained 1lb. total. Now, i made up for it by gaining 5 between weeks 16-20, but lets just chalk that up to a baby growth spurt. I am really trying to be more aware of it than last time, bc i know i have the potential to have a big baby and being only 5'-1" you feel every added pound at the end!
-Cravings: with Beck-chicken, fish, veggies, double stuff oreos, real fruit popsicles
Baby Girl-Hamburgers, chocolate milk, hibatchi grill, strawberries, sour patch kids, reese's cups
-But the MOST EXCITING DIFFERNCE is that women who are carrying girls are significantly less likely to develop PUPPP's during pregnancy. This readers is music to my ears:)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-oh, and yes i am glad we decided to find out the gender this time. We didn't know with Beckett and while i think everyone should do that at least once I know that we made the right decision for us this go round:)

I will try my best to post a few more updates that are pregnancy related. I feel like with the house and all we have been a little more distracted so far with this one, but obviously she is just as important as her big brother! We just need to get in the house so i can focus on baby stuff!!

2 comments:

The Day Family said...

Yeah!! Congrats on a baby girl! I know ya'll are so excited!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! Girls are SOOOO much fun!