Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Koda has a boyfriend...

well...more like a 2 night stand.
This is one subject i could write on forever, but since most of my readers have heard about it i will keep it short. We bred our dog Koda last week. This means that IF all goes according to plan we should have puppies in early August (we will know for sure in a few weeks). Puppies in August-nothing sounds more miserable to me.
I asked derek to please let us sit this one out and not breed her, but of course i lost. She has only had one litter before and that was on accident, so he had been planning on getting one registered litter from her to carry on the 3 generation bloodline his family has going. She will be five this year so she is getting up there in puppy having years. Her last litter was 10 puppies! and supposedly the have more the second time than the first-WONDERFUL! As you can tell i am not looking forward to this much seeing as though it will be 100 degrees outside and i am very likely to have a walking baby to take care of now throw in a possible 10 puppies and you have one heck of a way to end your summer:)
Granted, I know i will love these puppies bc they are Koda's and i am sure I will be sad when the last one goes, it is just going to be a lot of work to get them to that point. So that leaves me with one thing to say (more like plead....)
IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW is interested in a AKC lab puppy please contact me via email. These should be great dogs-for hunting or just for pets! The mama is yellow and the daddy is chocolate, so we should have a mix of colors and possibly some black ones as well. I am not sure about the price-derek will decide all that. They should be born around Aug.1 and ready to go to a loving home 6 weeks later.
So, from now until these pups are gone i will take on my role as the "dealer of the dogs" Derek gives me a hard time about this but last time i managed to get rid of ALL 10 unregistered lab puppies in 8 weeks. I think i have a talent! He didn't even sell one!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

HEY girl!!! I didn't realize you had a blog. I know a while back you said you were going to do one but I didn't realize you had one. I have spent the last little bit going all the way back through it!! ha
Beckett is getting so big and he is just adorable!!!
I got Wade in hear to read your comment about the dog...He was just sick..He LOVES his Sadie but he was like "well crap, if I'd been a little more patient"..ha
We had NO idea but we have sort of been out of the loop with family lately b/c of our busy schedules...Things are slowing down for us so maybe we can get around to seeing everyone soon!!!!
Love, Melanie

Melanie said...

I just re-read my comment...
OOPS...I used the wrong hear/here!!! LOL
I need to go to bed. Good night;)