Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Diaper Wars

I have a new soapbox and i decided i needed to share it and get some feedback! We have used Pampers diapers pretty much exclusively for Beckett's whole life. I did try some less expensive options a few times for derek's sake and to try to save a few pennies, but after one too many leaks i swore that paying the extra pennies for Pampers was worth it. I was always amazed at how much teetee they would hold and not leak! And my friends were all in aggreance with me.

Recently, Pampers Cruisers came out with a new "style" and i didn't think much of it until.......we started have MULTIPLE leaks a day! This is not acceptable during this time of the year when we are so in between seasons i can't afford to use 2 outfits per day due to a leaky diaper (not to mention the PJ's). So, i asked around and a few girls told me they were having the same problem. I am guessing that with this new style Pampers decided to cut some cost and not put as much of the absorbing stuff in them. I mean we were leaking through diapers that weren't near as full as they used to be.
I have decided to toss Pampers to the curb and start exploring the others. i am not going to pay extra for a diaper if the whole reason it was superior to others is now void. Right now we are using Huggies Natural Care and so far so good. But if anyone out there has a brand that they are happy with let me know and i would love to give it a whirl! Derek thinks i should write a letter to Pampers and complain......i think i just might.....maybe they would give us a lifetime supply and in that case i wouldn't complain about escaping pee!
Diaper Fun Fact: Derek works for the company that invented the "absorbative" stuff in Pampers. It is indeed a formula that other companies have tried to match but can't quite get it right. Well, one of derek's coworkers told us that if you put a teaspoon of that stuff in a beer bottle it will turn the whole thing to gel :) Derek thinks this is awesome!

3 comments:

The Nixon's said...

We used pampers when Grant was little...but I found once he got moving around more..that the Huggies Natural Care worked for him. FYI Pullups don't last overnight when potty training....they leak real bad They are for day time use only

The Brooks said...

I have used the regular huggies with both of mine when we got into size 2's. They are great! The plain white and red box from Sam's!!! I only used the pampers when we were little. Everyone is different though. :) See you tomorrow!!!

Dee said...

I work in Consumer Care for Pampers and noticed the post on your blog. As a mother of two, I understand your frustration. I know our consumer care line would like to hear from you. When you have a second, I hope you’ll give us a call at 1-866-586-5654. Thanks Dee.