Friday, November 21, 2008

God Bless Whirlpool!

Anyone who knows me well knows that for the past 2+ years i have been fighting a never ending battle with my dishwasher. Our history goes way back......About 2 years ago our dishwasher broke-stopped draining to be exact. Well, derek and i spent about 3 weekends shopping around for a new one. We finally bought one and got it home where it sat in the garage waiting for derek to install it. So one night i had a Christmas party to go to and derek and his dad were going to put in the new washer while i was gone-perfect! Well i return to the house that night and see my hubby and FIL laying in my kitchen floor finishing up RE-INSTALLING the OLD one!!! WHAT-you must be kidding me....i was LIVID. I had spent my past 3 weekends shopping for the new one and now you tell me you "fixed" the old one! Please tell me you are kidding. I think i remember dragging Derek into the closet away from his parents to throw a hissy fit. Needless to say Derek won this battle and we returned my lovely new dishwasher to the store. For the next 2 years i used a mediocre dishwasher that barely cleaned, much less sanitized my dishes....

Now fastforward to a few weeks ago.....well the original dishwasher finally got bad enough for derek to listen to my pleas. I mean you couldn't roll the baskets in and out, not to mention the wheels were falling off. Oh, and one more thing-the soap door has never closed! So all the soap just runs down the door-hence the reason it was not washing properly. SOOOO....we finally got a new dishwasher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't you just hear the Angels!!!! I could...that's for sure.....

I love my new dishwasher. It has digital buttons and everything. This is a HUGE plus in my book because now Beckett can't turn it on whenever he feels like it.....oh, and it even has the silverware basket in the door--we are BIGTIME now people:) And what i think is even better-it set us back less than $400 thanks to my mad bargaining skills at Sears:) So, without further adieu...i give you my new dishwasher!!!

No comments: