Sunday, November 30, 2008
Derek went hunting and left me and Beckett to fend for ourselves yesterday and today. We are so bored! We did a bit of shopping yesterday and church today, but for the most part we have just been home playing. He has developed an attachment to Derek's real football so for the past couple of days it has been going everywhere with us-it even went to church today! When i tell him we are going byebye he goes and gets his ball and takes it to the car. I tried so hard to get him to attach to a blankie or lovely, and of course he pics a football that i can't even pick up with one hand! He is starting MMO at a local church this week, so pray that goes well. He doesn't have the best track record when it comes to being away from me.
Also, I have been looking for a new TREE TOPPER. Right now we have a big red bow that has seen better days and derek hates it so i am looking for something new-a star i think. I know you can get one on the internet, but i would really like to see it first. Has anyone seen any pretty ones out in the stores???? If you have leave me a comment and tell me where.
Hope eveyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday. I will post some new pics soon!
Friday, November 21, 2008
He didn't think the swings were near as cool as i did.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
I am off to the Big Easy for a bachlorette party for my friend Melinda this weekend. We are staying at the Ritz!!! I can't wait-should be interesting:) But what is going to be even more interesting is that Derek is on baby duty all weekend!!! Pics when i get back......
Update: Thanks to Claire Green, Beckett now has his brown onesie. Claire saw one at Toys R Us of all places and notified my SIL who is her sweet baby girls nurse at UMC and sunday afternoon we made a trip a picked one up! So thanks claire and yippee for big girl beds!!!
Also, i am obviously back from the Bachlorette weekend in N.O. but i am also sick-AGAIN! this time with a bad cold....so once i am back to normal i will post some new pics.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Ok, so my friend Emily tagged me awhile back with this nifty little award and i think that means i am supposed to list 6 interesting facts about myself.....lets see what i can come up with shall we!
1. I am an only child. I do however have 3 step brothers, 1 step sister, and 1 half brother....confused yet??? My mom and dad divorced when i was young and have both since remarried. My stepdad had 3 kids from his first marriage-so this gives me 2 step brothers and 1 step sister. My stepmom had one son from her first marriage and then she and my dad had a son together-giving me 1 more step brother and a half brother (who is 10 years younger than me). I consider James and Carson as just my brothers, so if you hear me mention "my brother did so and so" i am talking about one of them 9 times out of 10. James also has one of Koda's recent puppies-his name is Max and he is supposedly HUGE! So i am sure you are wondering why i consider myself an only child-the reason is....i am my mom's only child and I never grew up with any kids in the house except for me:)
2. While we are on the subject of my childhood i will throw this one out too.....When i was in 2nd grade my mom got me a cat, her name is Abby. If you do the math you will figure out that at Abby's bday in April she will be 20 years old!!!!! CRAZZZZY!! If she makes it to 20 we are all going to celebrate with dinner at a nice resturant in her honor:) I must add that Abby is the meanest cat on the face of the planet...my stepdad calls her satan. My friend Harper will vouch for her meaness. But don't worry mom...i will be sad when she dies. My mom blames me for Abby's behavior. She says i terrorized her when she was just a kitten. oh, and Kimberly Cameron-if you are reading this...we got Abby from your across the street neighbors 20 years ago following one of our playdates:)
3. Me and Derek have the same middle name...Leigh/Lee. Hence the reason for Beckett Lee. I guess our next child will just be the odd one out:) Also strange, if i was a boy my name was going to be Derek-crazy huh??
4. If you ask me what my hobbies are i usually say reading, antiques, and oil paintings. I love looking for good deals on antiques and i am eyeing a certain artist for my next painting purchase-we shall see though. Both of those are kinda expensive hobbies, and if you asked derek he would say so are my books! He has been begging me to get a library card for years now, but i just can't-it is not the same. I could sit in Barnes and Noble for HOURS just reading book covers and narrowing down my 3 choices. I really like going late a night when there is no one there and i can just sit right down in the aisle. I read really fast and have tons of books, so if you are ever wondering about a good book to read just let me know. My go-to writer is Jodie Picoult-so far i have loved all of her books.
5. Two of my biggest pet peeves are toothpaste spit and ironing. Let me explain. I HATE watching other people brush their teeth especially those of you who let the toothpaste spit run down your chin! And heaven forbid you try to talk to me while brushing-no thanks, i will just wait. And ironing needs no explaination. I never did any of my ironing growing up. My Luella ironed EVERYTHING for me. From socks and tshirts to jeans, so i never really learned how and i am terrible at it, so if derek wants it ironed he does it. Not to sound like the bad wife or anything i will add i have done it a handful of times but not many. Derek-if you are reading the solution to the problem is the dry cleaners...everyone else goes there-why can't we???
6. I am digging here, so i don't know how interesting this is.....but when i was little i used to love to rollerskate. I remember going to the skating rink and they would play Wind Beneath My Wings and i would try so hard to skate my best to that song because i thought it was the greatest song EVER. And if i fell i would get so upset that i would go to the DJ booth and ask them to play it again so i could start over! Ok, so now everyone officially has something to make fun of me for:)
6a. some of you are probably wondering how i remember something so strange, but one last interesting fact about me is my childhood friends swear i remember every story and everyone we ever knew. I think they all plan to stick close to me at our reunion next year, so i can remind them who everyone is:) I guess i just have a very photographic memory-at least i think that is what you would call it.....
So now i think i need to award/tag 6 people: Katie B., Harper, Elizabeth Q., Kelly E., Melanie, and Samantha
Monday, November 3, 2008
Thanks to everyone who has called today. I am sorry if i haven't answered, but i feel terrible. I will call everyone back when i get to feeling better hopefully tomorrow. Don't forget to vote tomorrow! I will be dragging myself up there at some point.....