Saturday, January 17, 2009

Our Busy Life

Like most people i know i assumed our life would slow down significantly after the holidays. Boy was i wrong! I feel like we have been going non-stop since Christmas. So i guess the best way to catch up is with bullets! I heart bullets....
-We spent a laid back new years in town with friends. Nothing too exciting, but still fun. I got see one of my best friends Matt. He and i became friends in 8th grade. I was convinced he was much cooler than his braided leather belt that looped over and hung to his knees made him out to be and i was totally right...when have been friends ever since!
-Beckett got his first haircut on jan. 6th. It was kinda a sad day for me but his bangs were touching his lips so it had to be done. I had thought about just cutting those, but i wanted it to look even so i let her trim a tiny bit off the back....what really made me cave was when i realized if i didn't do it he would leave looking like he had a business in the front, party in the back mullet!
He did really good the whole time.....PTL for suckers
-In the same week Beckett was at MMO and i got a phone call saying that i needed to come get him bc he has been crying for 2 hours!! Really, what am i going to do with him. The director suggested i just bring him for a hour or so until he gets used to it, so i guess we will start that next week. If anyone has any suggestions on this feel free to share. I just think my child has the most severe case of "mommy obsession" known to man.....
-Then it was off to Oxford where i was in my sweet friend Melinda's wedding. We had the best time. Beckett stayed with his mimi and had a blast. I love love love that i got to spend the weekend with my friends baby free! Melinda was a beautiful bride and Daniel made the best rehersal dinner toast to date....This was also the weekend that Koda got in some trouble...see other post...
-Upon returning from oxford we found out that Derek's uncle, who has been battleing cancer for a while now passed away. So, we loaded up for a last minute trip to Dallas for the funeral then on to Shreveport for the burial all with Beckett in tow!!! Beckett did really well-ten times better than i ever expected, but it was still a tough trip. It was just a long way to go for such a short time, but i guess you gotta do what you gotta do. we got back last night....i have some pics i will share soon...
-Speaking of pictures...I am currently trying to figure out how in the H*** to get these pics of my memory card. I have no idea what is going on. I am starting to think i might need some special software. All of our pics from Christmas on are on this card from my new camera-hence the reason this blog has been pictureless for quite some time.....
So that is our life in a nut shell right now. I have no big plans in the upcoming week and i pray it stays that way:)

1 comment:

The Segrest Family said...

did your camera not come with a cord that plugs up to a USB port on your computer? they usually do... and you can upload directly from the camera plugged in.
i realize you are not a dummy - i just thought i would throw that out there!

and good luck with MMO! i really have no suggestion b/c i havent dealt with that - but i can imagine it can be so tough!!!